5.08.2009

Farming 1, Halley 0

There's been a slight change of plans - Juniper Hill was not what I had been expecting. Specifically, the vibrant community of students and farmers that I had been told to expect ended up being just two people, one older woman and another guy in his early thirties. It became apparent rather quickly that although I was learning a lot (goat milking, cheese making, edible weeds, roto-tilling) this was not the social environment I had been planning on. And that was a drag.  

So, I decided that time would be better spent back in Hudson, finalizing my Austin apartment hunting trip, talking with brokers and most importantly, finally organizing all those Roy family photo albums. (Sorry Gram!) I'm also double checking with my second farm in Maine, sussing out just how their farm works so that when I give it another try I don't make the same mistake again.

Now, to avoid those blog rants as promised, I'll leave it at that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment